Saturday, March 17, 2018

 

Castles at Padre Island National Seashore




Love sandcastle lessons at Padre Island National Seashore. Sometimes we make castles, sometimes we make sea turtles. Sometimes we work in a group and I only give a few demonstrations. Other times I do a bunch of demonstrations and people come and go. Today was a many demonstration, come and go, castle day. Some really great people were at the park having fun in the sand.



These first three pictures were of a student building on his own. His family took a lesson early in the week and he got hooked. Great Castles! 

I have some more pictures of my sandy Abilene friend's castle I will post tomorrow.

 






Padre Island National Seashore is a wonderful place to visit. The pavilion has a lot of exciting exhibits and lots of activities and demonstrations going on. I love this display that explains where all the trash comes from and what we can all do to help clean it up.










Lots to do and see on the beach. This student wanted to do it all. Fun!




This visitor watched all the sand stacking and carving and jumped in.




Mom and Son learning together.






This family was building in the sand and I asked them if they wanted to learn some extra tricks. Boy did they!




This is one they did before the lesson. I think it should be titled: "I Lava You".

https://youtu.be/uh4dTLJ9q9o




Pretty good frog.








This girl was a big help and had a lot of fun. Her brother too.





Wish I had got a picture before the tide came in.





Great job!





This girl and her sister came in at the last but caught on quick.

Hey, look it is my shadow. Hi buddy.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?